Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthday Eve

Rooster and I were sitting in the den tonight and we were watching our little man play with all of his birthday toys. (Fortunately for him, mama didn't feel good yesterday and left them sprawled out all over the floor so he had pretty easy access.) Just looking at Rooster, I could tell he was thinking the same thing I was.....WOW, what a year. He looked over at me and said, "Honey, this has been one amazing year. I can't wait to see what next year brings us." I couldn't agree more.

As I laid my lil man down to sleep last night, I kissed him like always and thanked God for allowing us one more day with him. Tonight, he goes to sleep a 0 year old but he will wake up a big ole 1 year old. Seriously, how did this happen so quickly?

Over the last year our life has changed quite a bit and we wouldn't change a thing.

Our evenings are no longer spent relaxing in front of the tv or eating at some restaurant. Instead, we are rolling around on the floor, laughing our heads off at the latest antic of our boy.

My mornings are no longer dreadful because I am woken up by the twinkling smile of a sleepy headed little angel who wants nothing more than to snuggle in bed with Mama for a few more minutes.

Rooster no longer has an aversion to reading. He has become quite proficient at the baby Bible, word books, ocean books, Cat in the Hat books and what ever other books his lil buddy wants to read.

Dinner is no longer served sitting in front of our favorite show but instead is sitting at the table, as a family. (Now if we could only get Carson to wait until we have thanked God for our food before he starts shoveling in the food.)

Running a million errands in a single day has been replaced by attempting to figure out the best route to take. Which ones require getting in and out of the car and which ones require a stroller, because Mama can only carry "fat baby" for so long.

Days off that used to be set aside for cleaning the house, generally find us playing and napping together all day and then realizing that Daddy will be home any minute and the house is still a wreck and dinner isn't ready. But then Daddy comes home and plays with us and all is right in the world.

Sunday mornings are much more important to our family now. It reminds us that it's not about what we want for him or what we can do for him instead it is about what He wants for him and what He can do for him. It's about setting an example for him so that he will learn to live for Him.

Picking a restaurant now requires thinking beyond what sounds good to us. It now must have something decent for him to eat especially since my boy LOVES to eat. (He seriously eats A.L.O.T. I am a little afraid what teenage years might cost us if his appetite continues to grow.)

There are many more ways that things have changed but I have now made myself a great combination of sad and happy, therefore I shall go to bed and dream about the most amazing day of my life that happened 364 days ago. Tomorrow is a big day folks!!!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Jackson said...

Happy birthday, Carson! :)

When you're ready for a sweet little girlfriend, let me know... I've got a pretty cute one in mind. :)