Friday, January 15, 2010

A Wake Up Call Indeed

Friends, I come before you completely humbled and seeking prayer on behalf of loved ones.

First of all, my brother-in-laws mother has been diagnosed with Lung Cancer. They will meet with the surgeon this afternoon to find out where they go from here. Ellen is probably the most active and healthy woman I know so this diagnosis has caught all of us completely off guard. The entire family is really struggling right now and needs the Peace that only Almighty God can offer. My sister is completely exhausted and is trying to be everything to everyone, as we women tend to do. They have told my oldest nephew but not the two little ones. I can't imagine having to have that conversation. Please keep the entire Woodard family in your prayers and ask the Lord to draw them close to Him so that He can be the Healer, Provider and Protector that we KNOW Him to be.

Secondly, on Wednesday we found that my uncles best friend had a brain aneursym and the doctors can not find where the bleed is coming from. I have known this man all my life and he is just a few short years older than my parents. My uncle and he are more like brothers than friends. He is currently in a drug induced coma and they are going to attempt another arteriogram on Monday to see if they can find the bleed. Last I heard, the doctors had given him about a 10% chance of coming out of the coma completely okay. (Again, I KNOW that no doctor can accurately predict when/how someone will die...only my Creator can make that call.)

These two events have my entire family reeling at the moment. I don't know that we have ever been on our knees, humbled before the Lord more. I feel like God is reminding me that nothing in life is guarenteed, except for HIM. That I need to be constantly seeking Him and following only His direction. That life here on earth is truly a blink of the eye and what am I doing to make an eternal difference. God is waking us all up and calling on us to do bigger and better things for HIM.

As I contemplate all of this and try and process the craziness, I can only think that in 6 short weeks I will meet this amazing miracle that God has blessed us with. God is using this time to prepare my heart, mind and soul for what is coming. How will I raise this child to know that every step must be a righteous one, constantly seeking the Lord? How will I live out my life on a daily basis so that my child will not only see me turn to Him in crisis but for everday decisions and living? As I mentioned before, a wake up call indeed.

No comments: