HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
I think on this New Year's Day, I would like to reflect back over the last twelve months.
1. In January of 2009, we made the decision to start looking for answers to our "infertility". We had already been trying for over a year and decided it was time. January was also my 1 year anniversary with TLC Medical. I am incredibly blessed to be a part of this work family and am looking forward to what 2010 will bring the company.
2. February was when I finally signed up and started selling Premier Jewelry. I am so glad that God brought Premier in to our lives. I love my part time job and the people that I get to meet at the shows.
3. March we headed to New Orleans to celebrate Sissy's birthday. What a fun trip we had. I have never eaten so much on vacation in my life but man was it good. Neither Rooster nor Chris had ever been before so it was fun experiencing their "first time" with them.
4. In April, we found our future home. The moment we stood on top of that hill, we both knew we were home. I told Rooster I could see our kiddos growing up there and envision what our house would like. (This was the end of an almost two year journey to find the perfect place.)
5. In May, I survived yet another Mother's Day and begged God that it would be the last one I would celebrate without being a mom myself. (I will say that God blessed me with amazing peace last year and I handled the day much better than the year before.)
6.) June 5, 2009 was our 5 year anniversary. We both agreed that the last year had been one of our bests, despite many disappointments. To celebrate we headed to the Dominican Repulic with dear friends. Before we left, I asked a small army of friends to pray that we would bring home more than suntans from our trip. On the other hand, without anyone knowing, I called and scheduled a surgery for myself that would help us identify if there was any health problems preventing me from getting pregnant. (I would like to go on record and say that I told my doctor I would be calling back and saying I didn't need that procedure.)
The end of June brought my surgery date closer but alas, GOD WAS FAITHFUL!!! On June 18, we found out we were pregnant.
7) The 4th of July found us in Florida with Rooster's family....hiding a secret that only we knew. We took Russell Barton with us to Florida and had a BLAST!!! We couldn't have asked for a better vacation.
8) August was when we told the "world". We were ready to shout it from the rooftops at that point. We also got to get a sneak peak of our little punkin at our 20 week ultrasound...although we kept it's gender a surprise.
9) September would generally find us gearing up for Deer Season however this year it was the start of a 2.5 month journey with Rooster's wrist injury. He was off work for almost 10 weeks and endured hours and hours of painful physical therapy.
10) October found me turning 31 and thinking that was pretty weird. It's one thing to say that you are 30 but another to admit you are IN your thirties. I think knowing that I would be a mom at 31 helped me know this year was going to be great.
11) November brought on Thanksgiving, opening weekend of duck season (now much more important than deer season) and Rooster finally going back to work. It was a busy, busy month.
12) December was crazy all around. Rooster was gone almost every weekend hunting and he turned 31. We had our Christmas Open House and got the nursery finished. Christmas came and was a wonderful time of celebrating Christ's birth and celebrating with family.
Overall, 2009 was an awesome year and we know that 2010 will be even better. (Possibly more challenging but better.)

No comments:
Post a Comment