Wednesday, January 20, 2010

35 Weeks

WOW!!!! We are definitely in the home stretch now. I can not believe that our little punkin could literally come whenever the Lord decides it is time. Here's an update on what is happening this week, according to my weekly email update:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
There might not be many somersaults going on in there but there is definite movement and discourse. I have said all week that little bit is running out of room and isn't very happy about it. I'm not sure if I am having some slight braxton-hix contractions or possibly the real thing but let me tell you, whatever they are, they are uncomfortable!!! I told Rooster last night that I have been so blessed to feel wonderful this whole pregnancy and I'm just not used to this craziness. I am reminding myself everyday to be thankful to God that I feel these pains because out little one is just growing and growing and getting ready to come meet us. I am also trying to savor each moment I have left. I have definitely been reminded over the last few weeks that NOTHING in life is guarenteed so I'm going to enjoy each blessing God gives me.....including the last 5 weeks of this pregnancy.
To answer a few of the questions that I get asked most these days:
a) NO we do not know what we are having. Yes, we have an envelope with it written on there but we have not and will not be opening it.
b) NO we do not have names picked out yet. Yes, we are one of those couples. You know, the ones who have none for 9 months they were pregnant but still haven't decided on a name for the child. Yup, that's us.
c) NO Rooster is still not home on the weekends. Yes, I am acutally sort of glad of this. Last weekend I was able to spend almost all weekend with my sister, who is going through a really hard time right now and this weekend is full of baby showers.
d) YES we are as ready as we will ever be for this little one to get here. We are dying to hold our precious first born in our arms and fall even more in love than we already are.
e) NO we are not looking forward to sleepless nights, stinky diapers, crying and feeling completely lost but IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT!!!!
Heavenly Father, again I want to thank you for this most precious gift that You have given Rooster and me. We are forever grateful that you love us enough to entrust us with the care and well being of one of Your children. Prepare us today to be the parents that this little one needs. We ask that You guard both baby and me as we finish this journey together and be with the doctors as we go through the delivery. Lord, just like always, our lives are in Your most capable hands.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Just so you know (I may be one of the crazy ones... and even complain about it from time to time) but being up in the middle of the night, with a baby... isn't all that bad when you stare into those eyes and see all the beauty the world has to offer in that innocent face. (unless of course they are screaming then all the beauty is null and void... just kidding)