Friday, January 8, 2010

Anticipation

The White House is anticipating a lot of things right now..........

1) When will Rooster get to go back to Arkansas and duck hunt some more. The weather has just not been cooperating with his plans and I know he is itching to get his hunt on. ;)

2) When will Rooster kill a few deer so we can have some meat in the freezer this year. So far, he has been "skunked" the few times he's been able to sneak away to the woods.

3) You see that little ticker on the right hand side of my blog....OMG....that might be the biggest anticipation of all. We CAN NOT wait to meet our little punkin. I am still feeling pretty great but time is not passing quite as quickly as it was before. It makes me think of Christmas when I was a kid. It could be just a few weeks away but it felt like it took FOREVER to get here.

4) I am anticipating my first baby shower tomorrow. One of my dearest friends is having it for me and I can't wait to see some faces I haven't seen in a while. I LOVE showers.....baby, wedding, house warming, whatever. Any ole excuse to hang out with girlfriends and act all silly. I have no doubt there will be a lot of that going on tomorrow and I can't wait.

5) More than anything, we are anticipating how the Lord is going to change our little family in the year 2010. We will obviously be adding some family and most likely losing some family, as that's just the way it goes. (He is the God that giveth and taketh away.) We will remember ones that have been gone for a while and celebrate the milestones for those of us still here.

Rooster and I are praying that this year will be amazing for so many reasons, other than just having our first born. We pray that God will use in ways that we can not even fathom and stretch our comfort zones more than He already has. We are praying that we seek Him in all that we do and only follow the path that He has laid out before us, whatever that might bring.

I am "anticipating" that 2010 is going to be our best year yet!!!!! I pray that yours will be too.

No comments: