Thursday, December 3, 2009

An Early Christmas Present for me

Before everyone knew we were expecting, my amazing sister purchased a custom made nursery for me at a silent auction to benefit a dear friend of ours. I was so excited about it...especially when we decided to not find out what we were having. I loved the idea of being able to hand pick the fabric/materials that would be used in the nursery and it would be unique, just to us.

After a very overwhelming trip to Sirs in Fayetteville with the seamstress, this is what we ended up with. It was almost the first thing I looked at and I couldn't get it off my mind. I LOVE IT!!!

I absolutely love the crib I picked out and couldn't be more pleased with how it all came together. Now we are just waiting on our little punkin to get here. (I will go on the record to say that Daddy thinks it's still to fru-fru for his "son"....only because it is NOT camo.)

This bed is from the 1800s and was Mrs Mary Lizzie Maniers. Rooster found it in her attic while we were cleaning out her house and he just had to have it. We set it up as a guest bed about a year ago and now it is being converted into our guest bed/changing table. I had Sara make me two extra blankets for this bed and we will just swap them out and use it as our changing station.
(I have a feeling Mom and Dad might end up sleeping here a night or two also. :) )



3 comments:

Candice said...

The bed looks soo cute!! Can't wait to see it all!

Anonymous said...

jenny, i love, love, love it!!! can't wait to see the sweet baby that will use it all! :)

gretchen said...

i don't know why it's saying anonymous?? guess i forgot to put my name :))