Monday, December 14, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Today is my best friend's birthday. We have known each other since 6th grade and have been basically attached at the hip since high school. There aren't many memories of the past 10 or so years that he is not somehow attached to. 5 1/2 years ago he also became my husband and life has never been the same.

Baby, I know that this year is going to be the most amazing year of your life. I can not wait to see you step into the role of "Daddy". You are going to be an amazing father......actually you already are.

I'm so glad that God gave you an amazing weekend of duck hunting for your birthday. It thrilled my soul to hear you acting like a kid again. Now, come home so we can celebrate together. I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Father, thank you for the amazing gift you gave me so long ago. Thank you for bringing us together and loving us for exactly who we are. You have revealed yourself to each of us in such new and awesome ways this year and we are better for it. Lord, bless this man throughout the next year of his life and continue to shape him into the man You created him to be. Show me the way to love him better, be more of an encourager and be a better help mate. We are abundantly blessed by You and I pray we never take it for granted.

No comments: