Last night I ventured out of my comfort zone and decided to make a fun memory. Teresa and I headed to Davis Kidd Bookstore in Green Hills to meet Ree Drummond (aka: Pioneer Woman). I stumbled upon her blog a while ago while checking out another friends blog. I was immediately hooked by her
Black Heels to Tractor Wheels Story. If you have time it is worth the read. She is incredibly funny and very entertaining.
She just recently released a cookbook and so Teresa and I headed out to get ours autographed. This is the first time either of us have ever done something like this and we were quite proud of ourselves. (So much so that we treated ourselves to dinner at Cheesecake Factory before we went.)
Here I am with the Pioneer Woman. She was very sweet and humble in real life. We could tell she had signed a cookbook or two because she didn't even look at what she was writing. Must be crazy being "famous".

I will say this, she gave each person her full attention. She wasn't rushed and just seemed to enjoy meeting all 5 million women (and a few brave men) that ventured out last night. I kid about the 5 million but I would definitely say it was close to 500 or so. It took Teresa and I two hours for our group to get called.

Here's Teresa having her pic made with Ree. We were both a little disappointed that Marlboro Man and the punks were there but we did get to meet her sister and best friend.

TParr...thanks for dragging me out and accompanying me on a fun evening. What's our next adventure going to be????
1 comment:
CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT ADVENTURE!
Post a Comment