We added the lit "tree" to the dining room this year and I love it. I may just leave it here all year and enjoy the lights. There's just something about white lights that I love.
Friday, December 11, 2009
A White Christmas
Last weekend was my 2nd Annual White Christmas Open House. I had so much fun last year kicking off the season with our family and friends, we decided to make it an annual tradition. Another added bonus is having the house completely decorated for Christmas early. I love this time of year and love to have the house decorated for Christmas. Here's a sneak peak of some of the decor at the White House this year.
We added the lit "tree" to the dining room this year and I love it. I may just leave it here all year and enjoy the lights. There's just something about white lights that I love.
My snowmen found their home atop the China cabinet this year. I added snow this year and loved it. I thought it was fun. The Waterford was dressed up with a variety of red glass ornaments this year....just enough to add a little extra to them.
It's funny to me how the tree can look different every year. It is pretty much the same ornaments every year but it turns out completely different. This year I did get to add about 30 new ornaments that Sis and the boys gave me last year. Tree ornaments are one of my favorite gifts to get.
There are all kinds of things that I love about this picture. I absolutely adore my Willow Tree nativity. It is simple and reminds me of the carpenter that Christ was. I love the "snotty" reindeer that are among the Waterford.....it's kinda fitting huh? j/k I went with a gold/silver theme for these ornaments and I think it turned out great.
And just to make sure we don't forget all the animals in our house..here's a nod to the forest. I got these moose last year and they found their home on top of the furnance. They fit right in with the deer and the bear. (Can you tell that the house is a mix of casual and formal? That's just us...or maybe I should say me.)
We added the lit "tree" to the dining room this year and I love it. I may just leave it here all year and enjoy the lights. There's just something about white lights that I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Jenni,
Your house looks so beautiful and sentimental for Christmas. Please be sure and upload some pictures next year....let's see if that tree is still standing and those delicate nativity figurines are still sitting out. Oh yeah, let's just see.
HHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment