Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

I don't really believe in "New Year Resolutions". It seems that everytime I tried to do that, I would fail miserably. Not wanting to be one of those statistics, I stopped trying. Instead, last year I set very definite goals that I wanted to achieve. The main one involved being a better sister and aunt, to my 4 nephews. I prayed long and hard throughout the year as to how to achieve those goals and I can only hope and pray that they all felt more loved by me in 2008.

The last few months, I have been struggling with what goal I would like to achieve in 2009. Of course, I plan on continuing to strengthen my goal from last year but I knew that God was calling me to an even greater goal. I'm not really one for sharing such things to even my closest of friends and loved ones but I learned some time ago that if you don't confess it with your tongue, it is easy to let it go. (Very much like your acceptance of Christ Jesus.) So here you go....feel free to hold me accountable at all times if you see me slacking.

1 Peter 3:1-4
"Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that or your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

I came across this verse on December 1 and it immediately went into my journal. I love the simple message that God gives us here: love with actions!!! God has been calling me stronger and stronger to do more for His kingdom and this year I'm taking the challenge. I pray for boldness and strength that can only come from Him. There are several women in my life that I often tell people I would just love to sit at their feet and soak up Jesus through them. Well folks, I want to be that person for someone else. I want Jesus to be oozing out of me this time next year. I am asking God to give me the inner beauty that shines of Him.

Rooster and I spoke last week and we have agreed to hold each other accountable as we try and dig into God's Word this year. We both struggle with this but we are both feeling the Call. I honestly can't wait to see what God holds in store for our marriage as we approach our 5 year anniversary. Thank You Lord for giving me my best friend for life!!!!

Oh yeah, I also took the leap of faith and took Beth Moore's Scripture Memory Challenge. Hop on over the the LPM blog (it's on my blog roll to the right) and read about it and sign up. My first scripture: Philipeans 4:19.

Many blessings from above in 2009 for your and yours.

No comments: