Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15th Scripture to Memorize

Here is my second verse that I am going to memorize for the Beth Moore challenge.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." Ephesians 4:29


WOW...can you imagine if all of God's children actually heeded Paul's words here? What an impact we, as a Body, could have on all of the world. Several times lately, the Lord has been showing me that a simple sentence can do so much harm, whether you meant it to or not.

Lord, please remind me that each time I open my mouth, I have the opportunity to help build someone up instead of tear them down. Please help guard my tongue to those things that are hurtful and unnecessary. May this verse come to mind before I speak out of haste or in response to something I don't want to hear.

No comments: