Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Weekend of Birthdays

Last night kicked off an entire weekend of birthday celebrations for us. All of the White clan came to our house to help celebrate Debbie's birthday. It's not often that we get together with just us, his parents and his sister. Generally we have the whole White clan, which is quite rambunctious with 3 little ones and so many adults.

As most of you know, Rooster and I were friends for MANY years before we started dating, so I pretty much already considered the Whites family. However, once we made it official, Debbie welcomed me with open arms. I remember several times while we were still dating and Rooster was in a prolonged "mood", she would be the one to ask me why I was putting up with it. Not too many mammas out there are willing to take the side of the "girlfriend" but she has always seen our relationship objectively, which means the world to both of us. Once we got married, she was always willing to take a step back and let us find our own paths, but is always there if we ever need a hand or a listening ear. She is always enouraging us in all that we do and loves to support whatever mission/project we have decided to jump on. I couldn't ask for a better mom-in-law but more importantly, she's a great friend.
Not only was Friday Debbie's birthday, these two young whipper-snappers (aka: Grandmam & Grandaddy White) were celebrating their 61st wedding anniversary. Like I have said before, Rooster and I are so blessed to have generations of strong, faith filled marriages that have built our families foundations. Happy Anniversary you two.
My brother-in-law's birthday was Wednesday, so Sis called to see if she could drop the boys off so they could head off to dinner. So Russ and Caleb came to join the party as well. Who knew that one's kitchen could be converted into a mini hockey rink. Apparently Russ had it all planned out and knew that this was the perfect space for his hockey net. Believe it or not, it worked out pretty well. They also brought their wii with them so that was great entertainment for all of us.

So that was day 1 of the three day b'day weekend. Tonight we are off to a friend's 50th b'day and then Sunday we have family dinner for Chris' b'day. We are going to be partied out by the end of the weekend and maybe even ready to head back to work.....probably not though.



No comments: