Monday, December 15, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE!!!

Try not to be blinded by the glare from all of the candles. As you read in the last post, we were supposed to be having a 30th b'day bash Friday night for Rooster's birthday. Unfortunately, it just wasn't mean to be. Between the tent collapsing and the "parking lot", aka the yard, being a big ole mess, we had to postpone the celebration.

Luck would have it that another option was in the works. Dad called and told us that they were headed to my aunt and uncles house in Mississippi and asked if we would like to come. So we loaded up and headed out. Rooster was off already and I had already asked off a little early because of the party.

One thing we couldn't cancel was the cake that was already ordered. Nothing like having a cake that was made to feed at least 50 people and only having 6 there to eat it. As you can see, he needed a little assistance blowing out all of those candles. I'm pretty sure the smoke detectors went off as well. (Well, maybe not but it sound good, right?)

I will have to say, that Rooster is not entering his thirties with as much "grace" as I did. It is safe to say that he is in COMPLETE denial. He quickly told us all Saturday night that he would not be turning 30 tomorrow, instead he would remain 29 the rest of his days here on this earth. Now, isn't the woman that is supposed to say that????




As much as he was dreading the big day, I believe the ducks helped out quite a bit. Last year, the great White hunter discovered duck hunting, much to my chagrin. His only saving grace is that he already had pretty much all he needed to make the transition from deer to duck. This was obviously our reason for heading west. Saturday was slow but Sunday morning brought a great birthday surprise. All 3 of the men limited out much to their delight. Rooster got to stay an extra night and had as much luck this morning.

He was pretty bummed about having to cancel the party but I believe he would agree in saying it ended up being a pretty good weekend. (I wonder how long it will be until the deer have to start sharing wall space with the ducks????)

Happy Birthday, Babe. I hope to be celebrating together in another 30 years. I love you!!!!

No comments: