Wednesday, October 1, 2008

LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN

October has always been one of my favorite months for many reasons.

First, it is the start of fall and I love fall. I love to be able to wear jeans and a tee shirt or a l/s tee shirt. I'm one of those fickle people who can't stand to be too hot or too cold. I much prefer spring and fall.

Second, fall is when the Creator really shows off. My aunt & uncle live in North Carolina and let me tell you, one of God's most beautiful portraits is the mountains in the fall. I don't get up there as much as I used to but I spent many a fall breaks with them and loved the scenery. (Even though they curse the "leaf lookers".)

Third, and this one has only come in the last 6 years, it's deer season. And deer season means weekends to myself so I can do whatever I want without having to plan ahead. Yup - the hubby is gone from dawn til dusk and I'm on my own. I've not always had the appreciation that I currently have for deer season and I'm sure it will change again but for now..I LOVE IT. I also love to see that light in his eye...you know the one that shows up when they are REALLY excited about something. Yup - for us, it starts the last weekend in Sept and lasts through January.

Finally, October means birthday time for Jenny. Now as one might understand I looked forward to b'days much more as a child. Every child has those milestone birthdays they anticipate...13 - no longer a child but a teenager, 16 - a teenager with a license, 18 - no longer a teenager but an "adult", 21 - an adult who can go anywhere and legally drink if you so chose to do so and then the most exciting of all, 25 - your car insurance drops (whoop whoop). Well this year, I'm facing the first b'day that you don't anticipate....the dreaded 3-0.

I have accomplished a lot in my almost 30 years. Some of it was very well planned and thought out and some was more of a surprise. Some of those things that I had planned long ago still haven't happened so they give me something to look forward to in my thirties. I still have a long "to-do" list and I pray the Lord will allow me to do them all plus many more.

So my point being, starting today, October 1st, I'm going to venture down memory lane and maybe even take a glance in to the future as I start the countdown to the big 3-0.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I have a friend that was diagnosed with cancer and was given less than 4 months to live. I have been looking online for Dr. Larry Rawdon's info and I found a blog that you posted to about him being your best friend's dad. How can I get in touch with you?
I've bookmarked you blog (which I love the background) and hope you will let me know.
Thanks, Kay

Jenny said...

Kay, I'm so glad that you were able to find me. Dr Rawdon's office phone number is (256) 764-7663 and he's in Florence, AL. I hope that he can help your friend. I know for sure that he has been able to help some that medical docotor's have said there was no hope. More than anything though, lean on the true Healer, Jesus Christ.