If you've been to our house, you know that his trophies are everywhere. We currently have 5 deer and 1 bear rug on the wall and a quail hiding out somewhere in my office I think. I LOVE it when someone new comes over and asks about them. Rooster's face immediately lights up and we are all transported back to the very day and time that he killed each one. The passion that he has for this sport can take my breath away. The way that he sees nature as God's gift to Man and takes on his responsibility to care for it in the way God intended....what more could a wife ask for. I would NEVER take this away from him or ask him to abandon his passion because it is so much a part of who he is; who we are as a couple.
Now don't get me worng, there are things I DREAD about deer season.....such as a house that is NEVER clean because everything camo is thrown EVERYWHERE. I can't go anywhere without tripping over a woolie, a pair of gloves, long underwear, bib overalls, coats, undershirts, boots...you name we've got it. Then there's the ever present rinsing bowl in the fridge. Once he's cleaned the deer, the meat goes in cold water in the fridge for at least 3 days. By the time one batch is done, there is generally another to go in. (I am definitely NOT complaining about the meat, just the fact that the meat takes up half my fridge for at least a month or so.) Oh and let's not forget about the vast amounts of knives, guns and bows lying around just waiting to be used. You can practically hear them begging for their turn to take a trip into the woods.
All this to say....hunting season is here and here's our proof.

No comments:
Post a Comment