Friday, October 24, 2008

Anticipation

It's almost here.....the big 3 - 0. I really can't believe that I'm already 30. I've done a lot in my first 30 years. Here's a recap:
  • born: October 26, 1978
  • lived an amazing childhood in the beautiful Franklin, TN
  • more vacations to Dauphin Island than I can even remember
  • born again, October 1991 - First Baptist Church
  • countless church camps (shout out to all my fellow Camp Hillmont campers)
  • countless softball games & championships
  • two State tournaments in high school softball (second & third place)
  • one National cheerleading competition in Dallas, TX (with mom in tow)
  • two trips to Texas to go dove hunting with my Daddy (the first year Sis was with us too)
  • two trips to Europe while in high school (London, Paris, Rome, Munich, Lucerne, Luxemburg, Austria and many places in between)
  • Graduated with honors from Fred J Page High School
  • Stood with my sister as she married the love of her life over 10 years ago
  • 1st mission trip to Santiago, Chile with Thompson Station Church
  • Graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management
  • visited Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with the soon to be in-laws
  • Graduated with a Master's Degree in Business
  • Married my best friend and the love of my life....honeymooned in Tybee Island
  • 2nd mission trip to Glasgow, Scotland with Thompson Station Church
  • Two cruises with my hubby
  • I'm an aunt to 4 amazing nephews and a god-mother to 1 precious little girl

There are so many more things I could list here but I won't bore you more, for now. The thing that excites me most is that is just scratching the surface of what I want to accomplish through out my life. I know that God is going to use me in ways I can't even fathom...and I can't wait. The memories will be priceless.

And those new memories will start this weekend. My loving husband has planned a surprise weekend for just the two of us, to celebrate my birthday. I have NO idea what he has planned and honestly I don't really care. I am so excited about a few days away with just him that we could stay at home and not speak to another soul and I would be pleased. I feel so blessed to really long to spend time with him. (I know there are many marriages where this is not the case.) I will admit that the anticipation of the surprise has me feeling like a school girl again and that's not a bad thing when you're turning 30.

1 comment: