Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh the pressure of it all.....

So now that I've made the plunge into this blog world, I'm feeling the pressure. Seriously, as I lie in bed last night I was wondering who I was going to get to give me blog lessons (yeah, I see all these really cool layouts and backgrounds and have no idea how to get them), was anyone actually going to read my blog, do I really have to make up blog names for people, do all of my blogs need to contain some amount of comedy in them, do I actually have time to be blogging or should I really be doing something else more productive? If you've got any fabulous advice, please feel free to leave it.

Today was a pretty normal Sunday for the Whites. Church this morning, which I thought was fabulous. PT was out of town so Jason preached on eternity. I loved the way he approached it. Bascially (in case you don't already know this or you are choosing to ignore this fact) you've got two options.....heaven or hell. There is NO in between people. God promised us this and He doesn't go back on His promises. Let's put it this way...if you died this instant, do you know where you'd wind up??? If not, we need to talk right away, actually we should've talked about it yesterday.

Then it was off to TSC Grill for lunch. I didn't think that a building could be any colder than TSC Baptist Church but I sure found one at lunch today. Oh my goodness. I couldn't even enjoy my lunch. Then it was off to Target to look for some clothes.....didn't find what I was looking for but found some really cute shoes. (Hey...they were on clearance.) Then it was home for some "lazy" time with the hubby. I LOVE SUNDAYS!!!!

We did however splurge and head to Maggianos with my family for my mom and dad's birthdays. I have never been there before so didn't really know what to expect. All I can say is that I do believe every child under the age of 5 this side of the Mason-Dixon line was there and not happy about it. Our poor waiter welcomed us to the "play pin" once we were seated. And goodness the food that they brought. (Oh yeah, but first there was the EXTREMELY stressful process of ordering the food.) GRACIOUS....don't take 9 people anywhere that serves family style and expect to make a dang it decision. I will sum up our dinner experience this way: food (pretty good but not worth what we paid for), ambiance (tonight, terrible because of all the kids...I mean after all, we were out without the 3 boys for the first time in 13 years and we replaced them with like one hundred), fellowship:PRICELESS (how often do you get to eat with your hubby, sister, mom, dad, aunt and grandparents (who happen to be turning 91 & 88 this year). We are truly blessed.

Oh I forgot to mention the surprise visit by Mr. Kid Rock himself. Yup - he walked right by our table and I thought my big, bad, cop brother-in-law was going to poop in his pants right there. Of course none of us had the guts to go up and actually talk to the man, even though the servers all said he was really nice. Oh well, my version of the story will go like this: We soo had dinner with Kid Rock at Maggianos this weekend. (Sounds much better than we were all too chicken to go ask for a picture.)

3 comments:

J said...

You really saw Kid Rock? Did he look as dirty as he does on tv? Hahah!

We had a great sermon at church today too- Father Sappenfield talked about planting the seed of Christ and making the choice of whether or not to tend to it or let it die.

Talk to you soon! Jeanna

Anonymous said...

you're actually a really great blogger, jenny. i felt like i was watching an episode of sex in the city(carrie narrarating)... until the heaven and hell part anyway :) heehee :) you should be a writer! love ya sis :)

Melissa Lee said...

Welcome to the blog world.
Don't be scared!

It's really easy, you'll see. I'm just glad you're finally here!!!!!

Melissa