Monday, July 14, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!!


My dear ole' Dad is celebrating his birthday today. (Although I'm not sure that celebrating is the word considering he's at work.) I thought that I would dedicate today's blog to my hero. Here's a few of my fondest memories of dad (in no particular order):


  • He's the kind of dad that sneaks in "Tough Little Boys" as the father/daughter dance at your wedding without you knowing it. (And later admits that he had to listen to it 1000 times so he wouldn't cry during it.)

  • He's the dad that is your softball coach, forever, and demands more from you than any other person, yells at you more, benches you more but then tells you how truly great you are and that he is your biggest fan.

  • He's the dad that all your friends just think he's the best....and the cutest.

  • He's the dad that you just can't wait to have kids so he can be their grandaddy. (He's already got 3 little boys wrapped around his finger.)

  • He's the dad that even though he has two daughter's, he makes you feel like you're the only one.

  • He's the dad that tries to scare away all your boyfriends because they will never be good enough for his little girl. (And when I say "scares", I'm talking about cleaning guns while they are there to pick you up for your first date.)

  • He's the dad that makes your future husband promise to take me and the kids to church instead of just sending us to church because he knows the importance of being the spiritual leader of the house and he knows how much my God means to me.

  • He's the dad that I can call when my dog gets runover and my hubby is out of town and I don't even have to say a word...he just knows that he has to come NOW.

  • He's the dad that you just know you have to marry someone just like him....and then you do and you decide you should be careful what you pray for. (j/k)

  • He's the dad that you truly thank God for each and every day and wonder just how you got so lucky to get him as a daddy.

I LOVE YOU DADDY AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jenny, this absolutely made me cry reading it... i feel the same way about my dad with a few minor changes(no softball :))... and your dad is pretty cute!! :) lol xoxoxoxo

Big Nanny said...

okay, I love your dad too. He's a very sweet man.

Welcome to the blog world. Just write what comes to mind. And just for the record...

your last post should have been titled: I had dinner with Kid Rock tonight!

Ashley said...

When you post on Leighann's you are going to get a lot of lookers (although I have not officially commented on hers). You are off to a great start... and I love dropping in to see how people are.

You MUST tell your dad that I knew that there was a reason I loved him... we share a birthday!!!

Vince Knoch said...

I really miss my dad but reading your thoughts brought back some great memories. Thanks!!!!