There is this extra special woman in my life and she has been there my entire life. We are very close in age and we grew up together, as did our mommies. We went off to college the same year, on opposite ends of the state. After school, I came home and she never did. Over the years, I have been lucky enough to travel to her various "homes" and check out the sites around town.
About a month ago she called me and asked me if I wanted to meet up with her somewhere new and different, somewhere she knew I had been dying to visit and somewhere she dearly loves.....NEW YORK CITY!!! You see, this woman is not just any woman, she's my cuz and we are only six weeks apart in age and she is one of my best friends in the world (sorry cuz - Sis beats you out by a hair or two ;) ). I of course said YES and I don't think I even talked to the hubs about it. No way was I missing out on this opportunity.

Hello Lady Liberty. This was my welcome from the airplane.

Here we are hanging out on the "Law & Order" steps. (I could almost here the "dong dong")

Oh yeah, one of the main reasons I wanted to come. I love me some pizza.

Central Park - and yes it was cold enough that I resorted to ear muffs. It was either that or be miserable with burning ears. I chose to look stupid and enjoy my trip.

It's the Cake Boss baby. We made a little side trip over to Hobokon to pay a visit to Carlo's Bakery. None of the familia was "in" and the line was crazy. No pastries for us but I did get the pic.
Well - there are several more pics I wanted to share but for some reason blogger won't let me add any more pics. Cuz - I had an amazing time and so thankful the Lord let me share it with you. My favorite night - Monday night at dinner when we got to relax and catch up. Thanks for the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment