Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Headed Up The Hill

Last month, a very important person started her journey up the proverbial hill. I recall the moment it hit me that she was on this journey - I was in the shower (where I happen to do a lot of praying and thinking) and I realized her birthday was drawing near. I had to stop mid cleanse and think about how old she would be and then it hit me and I laughed out loud. I really don't understand why it got me so tickled but it did. I am a mere 3 1/2 years behind her so it's not like I can say alot but that particular day, it cracked me up.

Because she is the most awesome sister a girl could have and because I feel like I haven't always spoiled her like I should, I decided to cook her dinner. Then I decided that dinner alone just wouldn't do. I hit up my new favorite store, The Dollar Mart Plus and went to town. A mere $20 later, I had the makings of a full out party.

Sis - I love you more than my luggage, as the Pioneer Woman would say, and I hope you enjoyed your party. (Even if your one and only nephew didn't want to help you celebrate.)

Luckily - Sis didn't want a "fancy" birthday cake. Instead, I dusted off Grandma's cookbook and found the recipe for Sis' favorite Grandma cake: Ugly Duckling Cake. (She is the ONLY one who likes it but hey, it was her birthday not ours.)
Bribery always works to get some attention.
These two have a love/hate relationship: Carson loves to pretend like he doesn't want to "love" his JoJo and JoJo hates that game.

Honestly, the whole family was there that night but somehow Caleb, Sis and Carson were the only ones I managed to capture on film. Oh well.

No comments: