Easter this year was a lot more fun for the White House. My lil man quickly became a master egg hunter. From the moment he laid eyes on his first plastic egg, he was hooked. (And really mad because they were for the church egg hunt and he couldn't keep it.)
We started out with a unexpected egg hunt at Boo's church the weekend before Easter. We hadn't changed clothes yet from church so he was dressed to impress at this egg hunt.

We just so happened to run in to a few other guys we know at the Epworth hunt. (Chase loves his lil cousin but not when he is trying to "steal" his eggs.)
Our next egg adventure was the Saturday before Easter at our church. We ran into one very silly Easter Bunny here, who just so happens to be our pastor. (I was a little shocked that Carson went straight to him considering the run in with Santa didn't go over so well.)

This time, he was a professional and didn't need Mama to help. He was all over it.

Easter morning he woke up to find a few goodies the ole bunny had left him. His new obsession is bubbles so that's what he got. He also ended up with some beach toys for this summer.

A rare shot with Mama before church. (Ummmm, maybe Mama shouldn't have worn white before she spent a few afternoons in the sun???? I think I could win a part in the next Twilight movie as one of the pale peeps.)

After church, we headed to JoJo's house for family lunch and some more egg hunting. This time, he didn't just settle for the eggs scattered on the grass.....he was on a mission.

Hey Goggie - come on down here and help me find some more eggs you crazy lady.

All in all, I think my boy enjoyed his first Easter that he could really participate in.

And just so it's not all about Carson, I also got to spend the day with 3 of my favorite women. (The other one is playing peek-a-boo in the background.)

And just to make sure everyone understands, our heart is not all about bunnies and baskets on Easter. This year, more than ever, I was reminded about the true meaning of Easter. I was humbled by the Cross, by a Savior who would die just for me and a Father who would send His only Son for me. Our SS Class focused two Sundays on studying the words of Christ on the Cross and let me tell you, IT WAS POWERFUL. All I can say is, "HE IS RISEN!!!!".
No comments:
Post a Comment