Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Scripture Memory #4

"Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:78

As you can imagine, this verse means a great deal to me right now. There are lots of things that I have been "asking" for lately and His answer is right there: ask it it will be given to you. I think the next part is what is the most significant for me right now...it says seek and you will find. I know that God is telling me to seek Him more and more so that He can reveal Himself to me in a way I can't even fathom.

I think we all do a pretty fair job at the asking part and even in the expecting that He will answer but how are we all doing at the seeking? I know that I need to work a lot harder at actually seeking out His Word and a little less on the asking. 100% of the time, He has already given us the answer but we have to dive into His living, breathing Word and find it. It never ceases to amaze me that each time I truly do that, I find what I am looking for.....makes a person think you should just start there, huh?

No comments: