Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Strike Two & Other Random Thoughts

So as I mentioned before, we made an offer on 10 acres out in College Grove. Well, apparently we are meant to be in Rudderville for a while longer. The seller came back and told us that had changed their mind and decided to keep the track we were wanting. SERIOUSLY???? I am the kind girl that always looks at these situations in the terms of, "Well, God closed that door."..not this time. This was a big SLAMMED door in our face. We were really excited about the possibility and loved the area. Oh well...as always, that just means that there is something bigger and better on the way. This was our second attempt to purchase land on the same road..hence "strike two". I wonder if there will be a third or if we will finally hit a home run.

On a more random note, I've been thinking that I have been struggling with "bloggers block" but I have finally decided that is not the case at all. It's really just a lack of time...or maybe I should say desire. Not that I don't desire to blog, it's that I don't desire to be on my computer when I get home from work. You see, I am on the computer ALL day and the last thing I want to do when I get home is go whole up in my office and type some more. This is also the same reason I don't generally answer my phone if you call me after 6:00 or so. Week nights I am all about curling up on the couch with my hubby and watching some boob tube or reading a book. (We're sort of recluses like that...we just assume be at home then out and about after work.)

So my solution is this, I will hopefully try and spend a couple of my lunch hours a week updating the blog....like I'm doing now. Nothing like having to mulitask at lunch as well....currently I am trying to eat left over lasgna and type without getting sauce all over my keyboard. This little solution will solve two problems: 1) I get to update my blog so my family will know what is going on in the White House (reference the fact that I don't answer my phone) & 2) it will force me to bring my lunch instead of spend the extra moola it costs to eat out. My fabulous hubby is AWESOME at taking his lunch almost every day; I on the other hand HATE doing it. Don't ask me why but I do.

My final random thought for the day.....our "niece" turned the big 3 yesterday. I say niece because as you well know we are surrounded by nephews therefore we officially adopted Gabby as our niece, and I don't think her parents mind a bit. (Afterall, Jim & Rooster are pretty much brothers so it works.) I tried calling the little princess after work yesterday (on the way home of course) and she was so exhausted from all the celebrating she couldn't be bothered. Now that's what I call a birthday party. She better enjoy her celebraty status while she can....little brother will be here before she knows what hit her.

No comments: