And who says that God doesn't answer prayers????? (see updates below)
This is just one of those weeks!!!! You know the kind, where everything just happens all at once. Let's take a look shall we???
Monday - Still trying to recover from Rooster's 30th birthday party that we had Saturday night. I was soooo tired. We apparently are officially to old to be staying up until after 3:00 in the morning and then attempting to function. Oh and we made an offer on 10 acres in College Grove (here we go again).
Tuesday - Early morning meeting with work. Work in itself is stressful right now because all of the chaotic changes in the healthcare industry.
Wednesday - My dear friend is having breast cancer surgery. She is in her 40s and has two beautiful girls and an amazing hubby. She has a family history that you wouldn't believe so it wasn't really a shocker but scarey none the less.
***Her surgery went great and they found that the cancer had not spread. She is on her way home as I type. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!***
Thursday - We should definitely hear something about the land. We gave them until today to either accept, decline or counter offer. We are expecting a counter offer. Also, Rooster and I have a meeting with my OB/GYN. We have decided it is time to get this baby train rolling. 2009 is the year......I can feel it in my bones.
***Still waiting to hear on the land b/c the sellers were out of town this week.***
***Our best bet, according to our doc, is to do a outpatient procedure and scope my insides to see if there's anything going on. Not sure if we're gonna do it yet but God will be faithful in showing us the right path.***
Friday - My aunt is having some pretty serious surgery. My cuz is flying in from Dallas for the weekend to be with her so it will be a mini reunion for us all.
***Her surgery went GREAT and she is currently recovering with family all around.***
There are few other things going on all during this time as well but I won't mention them on here. All this to say, when it came time to decide on my 3rd Scripture to memorize for the year, Psalm 91 seemed fitting. I found this Psalm over a year ago and it has been posted on my desk ever since. I plan on memorizing the entire thing one day but now this is what is bringing some sense of calm.
"Because she loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name. She will call upon me and I will answer her; I will be with her in trouble, I will deliver her and honor her. With long life will I satisfy her and show her my salvation." Psalm 91: 14-16
I don't think the Lord minds me changing all the hims to hers, do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A while back I memorized all of Psalm 91 and I quote it more times than I can count. It's a great passage to "hide in your heart".
Post a Comment