So a month or so ago, I posted this blog about all the craziness my family has been through this year. Honestly, I have tried very hard to have a positive attitude and not let it all get my down. I have tried to not focus all of my conversations on the madness but sometimes it would just sneak out on me.
Yesterday I checked the mail, like I always do, expecting to get nothing but a bunch of bills. Instead of bills, I received 2 personal pieces of mail addressed to me. One was from my Premier "Great-Grandma" congratulating me on a great month last month. (This is not out of the ordinary because Premier is just that kinda company and so is my Premier Family.) The second one though....oh what a surprise it was.
I saw the return address so I knew who it was from. I started racking my brain as to what type of invitation it might be (whose baby shower, who was getting married, whose surprise birthday, you know the drill) but I came up blank.
Once inside the envelope, I found a card. A card that was just for me. A card to let me know that my dear friend was thinking of me. A card that said if it were up to her, the craziness would stop and I would catch a break. A card to let me know that she cared even though we don't talk all that often. A card that made me smile and moistened my eyes a bit. A card that me think of the Bane Bane Game and that made me smile even bigger!!!
So friend - THANK YOU!!! Thank you for taking the time to not just think about me but to let me know you were thinking about me. Thank you for taking the time out of your crazy day, to wrestle two precious boys in a store to find just the perfect card, to say, "Hey, I want you to know I care.". You seriously made my week and this brief note does not do it justice. I promise to pay it forward!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment