Saturday, July 24, 2010

Enough is Enough!!!!

As I sit here tonight, I am EXHAUSTED!!!! Not just from today's events but from the last 6 months. Let me recap:

January - We walk through the journey of my sister's mother in-law being diagnosed with lung cancer and then 2 weeks later finding out it wasn't cancer at all. Wonderful news but emotionally exhausting none the less.

February 16 - Sweet Carson is born!!!

March 1 - Rooster's Grandaddy dies - still no words to describe that time. Losing someone so dear less than 2 weeks after your first born is born......craziness.

May 1 - FLOODING!!!!!! Goggie & Grandaddy's house is flooded, Mom's house is almost flooded, Pat Pat's basement is flooded and our sewage was crazy. HOLY COW!!!

July 12 - My sister's house caught on fire with my precious nephews home. Praise the Lord they were safe but the Woodards lost EVERYTHING!!! We still haven't recovered from that one.

July 24 (Today) - I get the call, while just starting a jewelry show, that my Grandma is in critical condition and I need to come now. I drop everything and leave immediately. Two hours later hospice has confirmed that she is in the final stages of life and will probably go Home to Jesus is less than 48 hours or so.

Lord - Your Word tells us that You will never give us more than we can handle and that You are our strength when we are weak. Father, I am weak and tired and I need You to get through this. I can barely stand the thought of my sweet Daddy losing his mama, even though technically she has been gone for quite some time. It breaks my heart to think that my baby will never know his great-grandma and even though she has held him and loved on him, she never really knew him either. Lord -help us all to be strong and remember that in a few short hours, she will be WHOLE again for the first time in many years. Almighty God, just give my family Your never ending love and peace and the strength to carry on. But most importantly, thank you for giving us your Son so that we can know that even through all of this year's craziness, it will never compare to Your sacrifice and for that, we will be forever grateful. (Thanks for that perspective that You just sent me as I sat here and typed out my woes. :) I needed it!!!)

1 comment:

My 3 G 's said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have been praying for you.