Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In loving Memory

On March 1, 2010, my husband lost his best friend. Robert Allen White Sr was a man to be reckoned with. He loved his family and his Lord. He taught Rooster all he knows about farming and tractors and instilled the passion that he has for both. I loved the times that he and I would sit out on his porch swing and just talk about anything and everything. He loved to tease me and "charged" me for everything. I hate to think about the total of my "bill" but I guess he'll have to wait til I get to heaven to finally be paid. :)

There are so many memories that I have from just the past 8 years and Rooster's are countless. We are also so very grateful for the love and wisdom that he instilled in all of those that he loved. But more than anything, Rooster and I are grateful that God gave Grandaddy the one thing we all know he was waiting on....a great-grandson to carry on his family name. Although he previously had 3 great-grandson's, none of them are Whites. Carson Thomas ensured that the White name will continue on and the legacy that Grandaddy started. We are also beyond grateful that Grandaddy had the chance to meet our Carson, even though it was just once. We will treasure the pictures and video from that day and thank God for them each time we look at them.

If there were ever a question of God's love, He showed it to this family over the last month. If no one else saw it, Rooster and I saw it time and time again. Carson was born 9 days early and during the best week that Grandaddy had had in a long time. Carson's due date was Thursday, Feb 25th. Grandaddy was rushed to the hospital early in the morning of Friday, Feb 26th. Had Carson not come when he had, Grandaddy would have never met him and Rooster and I would have been in Nashville still in the hospital. GOD IS GOOD!!!! God knew that we would need our little miracle to help us through the loss and grief of losing such a great man.

Grandaddy, you will be greatly missed but never forgotten. We will see you again.



No comments: