Saturday, October 31, 2009

Reprimanded

Over the last few days I have been officially reprimanded several times about my lack of keeping everyone posted and updated. Truth be told, I am tired of posting things without pictures and I still can't find my converter for my camera. I have just spent the last hour trying to figure out how to transfer my pics directly from my camera but apparently I am not that talented.

So until I am able to figure something out, here are the highlights of the last 2 or 3 weeks.

- My birthday was Monday...I am now "in" my 30s. That sounds a lot older than 30 but I am okay with it. The girls at work decorated my office and bought me an IvyCake cupcake and my hubby took me to lunch. There was also dinner at Moms and dinner at Outback with the White clan. All in all, it was low key and that was okay with me.

- We had a surprise birthday luncheon for my Goggie. She turned 88 on the 14th and we invited some of her friends to a luncheon in her honor. It was so cute to see how surprised she was..once she figured out what was going on. She is still talking about it.

- My Sissy lost her 11 year old German Shepherd and it was a traumatic day for the Woodard clan. Maggie had been around as long as Sis and Chris had been married. The whole family took it pretty hard but knew that she had lived a long and loved life. We buried her up on our farm...Rooster has found a new occupation....grave digger. (It's okay, we can joke about it now since the healing process has begun.)

- I am gearing up to be a hunting widow for the next 3 months. Rooster has become obsessed with duck hunting and is now a part of a lease in Arkansas. So that means many weekends to myself until the end of January. I decided this was a good thing considering the whole "nesting stage" should kick in at some point and it will work better when he is not home to argue. I'm sure by the end of January I will be frustrated by his absence but this time of year, I actually start counting down the days to some Jenny time.

And finally.......

- We are now 23 weeks along in this pregnancy and here are the things I have noticed:

1) I am still not craving any food and would really like to think that something other than McDonald's French Fries sounds good.

2) I am very grateful for my friend Stacy who hooked me up with some maternity clothes. Over the last two weeks they have become rather necessary....either for real maternity clothes or my BellaBand. I guess it's time to start showing since we are only a week away from being 6 months along. (Which is CRAZY by the way.)

3) I have ordered my crib and picked out the fabrics for my nursery. I LOVE THEM! ILOVE THEM! I LOVE THEM!!!

4) I can no longer be on my feet for more than a few hours at time or my back gets completely out of whack. (This is a lesson I am learning over and over again since it is NOT something I am used to.)

5) Little bit is "kickin like a chickin", like it's Daddy says. Rooster finally got to feel it the other night and it was awesome. (Guarenteed that when Daddy is reading/talking to baby there will be some kickin. Apparently Little Bit is already enamored with Daddy and the feeling is very mutual.)

6) Rooster called me "Mama" the other day for some reason and it sounded completely crazy to me but also just about brought tears to my eyes.

7) This baby is going to be here before we know it!!!! (And personally, I can't wait to meet him/her.)

Well that's about all I can come up with at this point. I promise I will still try and figure out the whole picture thing but I am going to have to call in some technical help. Maybe I will even convince myself to take the first official "baby bump" picture that everyone keeps bugging me about. For some reason I feel really silly about that and just refuse to do it. Stay tuned to see if I give in.

PS - HAPPY HALLOWEEN

4 comments:

Hayley Thornhill said...

Yes, this baby will definitely be here before you know it. And I felt the same way about "baby bump" pictures so I kept putting it off, but at the end I was sad that I didn't have more and tried to get as many as possible in the last few days of my pregnancy. I am so happy for you guys and I absolutely CANNOT wait for your little miracle to get here :)

tparr said...

JENNY! yayy you posted. see! people read your blog.
1. i'll take your baby bump picture at work :)
2. i want to see "renesmee" kick ur book mark off your belly (even though that's totally weird and gross ... little human inside you)
3. you were born in the 70s.
4. only 117 days to go, says your blog. !!!! holy crapola

Amanda Pilkinton said...

I am leaving a comment! So, glad you finally updated! I missed hearing about the Whites!

Candice said...

Can I just say my papa cracked me up Friday night! After I came back outside from talking to you and your momma, daddy leaned in and whispered... "is she pg?" I just laughed and said yep! It's about time that baby started making an appearance!