Since we found out so early, I didn't really let myself get very "involved" in the pregnancy, if that makes sense. I didn't buy any books or cute things. I just keep praying that we would make it out of the first trimester. I think this is sort of how Rooster and I both felt because we didn't even talk about it much to each other. (Although I will admit that every once in a while we both had our giddy moments where you just had to chuckle at the wonder of God.)
The one thing I did allow myself to do was to sign up for weekly updates on what happening with me and the baby. Now I know that this will not excite many of you but it will THRILL my sweet mamma's soul, so the rest of you are just going to have to suffer through it. So here's what's going on with Little Bit this week:
"She" is about the size of an apple, weighing a whopping 2.5 ounces and stretches to almost 4 inches long. (It felt like FOREVER until we made it to an ounce, much less over 2 now.) Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you were to shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. (Might have to try that one since I am itching to feel that first little flutter.) Her other major milestone this week is that her taste buds are forming, even though there's not much to taste where she is now. (Taste buds are very important in the White House considering we love us some food.)
As for me, not a whole lot has changed...except maybe my bra size. (Should I say that out in blog land...oh well, it's true and very obvious.) I'm still fitting in most of my clothes but some are becoming a little uncomfortable. It cracks me up when I run into people who haven't seen me yet because the first thing they do is stare at my belly. My Russ even did this to me last night. You could tell he was really searching for that belly....cracked me up!!! (He and Derek are just as excited as the rest of us.) Now don't get my wrong, it has definitely changed from before but it doesn't look like a preggo belly yet. I'm sure that is just around the corner.
Well I guess that about does it on baby news. The debate is still going STRONG as to whether or not we will find out what we are having. Mama says HECK NO and Daddy says OH YES. (I have a feeling Mama is going to win this first battle. :) )

5 comments:
We are so excited for you guys! I have to say, though, that people like you that have NO morning sickness or other bothersome symptoms really irritate those of us who have struggled through it! :0) Enjoy the big boobs - it's one of the few perks! My vote is to DEFINITELY find out what you're having!!! :0)
I agree that momma should win this battle! It's one of life's few true surprises :)
Uhhh... the boobs... wait until the milk comes in and then you feel like you need to send one of those warning trucks with the flashing signs out a few feet before you everywhere you go so that people will be prepared for what is coming.
And... do you think Daddy is strong enough to keep a good secret? That could be fun and you could let him go pick out the first outfit and wrap it up for you to open after he/she gets here. That would be precious.
DON'T find out, it is sooo fun! Yeah we are so happy for you both!
Uh, my sweet friend, I hate to tell you this but your "little bit" is going to live on a farm with a dad named Rooster! Yes she is going to pick up a snake!!!
And do find out what it is. How else can I sew something wonderful for you? HHHAAAAAA!!! Me sew. That made me laugh out loud at the very thought.
Miss you.
Melissa
Post a Comment