Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Punta Cana 2009

While everyone else was waking up and remembering they didn't have to go to work last Monday, we were well on our way to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. Much to our surprise & delight, our wonderful friend and travel agent hooked us up with First Class tickets all the way there. Needless to say, we felt like we were living the highlife.

Once we finally got there, after a stop off in Miami, we took a 30 minute air-conditioned bus ride (Thank You Jesus) and wound up here, at the Punta Cana Princess Resort & Spa.

The picture above is the from the entrace of the resort and is the open air main lobby. The picture below is at sunrise on the beach. I told Rooster he should sell it to the folks that make their post cards. (Obviously he took because you know I didn't wake up that early, especially on vacation.)


All I can say about this picture is my oh my can my God paint a beautiful picture in the morning. And aren't we blessed we get to enjoy it.

These are our fabulous friends that went with us. They were celebrating their 10 year annivesary and their first vacation alone since their daughter was born, almost 8 years ago.


This is what we found Rooster to be doing most of the time. He's not much into to laying out therefore he pretty much turned into a prune the whole time we were there from being in the water so long each day. (Notice the lack of facial hair in this picture? I haven't seen my baby faced Rooster in a LONG time.)

If we weren't at the pool, we were hanging out here at the beach. Because folks, for six whole days, that is ALL we did. We never left the resort.


Erin and I planted ourselves in these chairs every morning until we couldn't stand it any longer and then we dared to enter the FREEZING ocean. Thankfully, once you finally got in the water felt really good but that initial shock was horrible.

Rooster managed to make a new feathered friend. The resort people had different tropical animals around to have your picture made with. This was the least scary of them all....the other options were an iguana, a monkey, and a sssssnnakkke (I can't even stand to type the word).

I don't think I can even explain this picture. Needless to say, he was not happy with me for volunteering us to play a "couples game" one night in the lobby. Here he is supposedly ready to act out some kung fu fight, redneck style maybe. Don't ask...I just thought I would share.

This was absolutely the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on. We didn't get home until 1:00 am Monday morning and we both had to be at work that day. I felt completely rested for the first time in a very long time. I am so thankful that the Lord allowed us to get away together, with great friends, and just catch up. Our lives have gotten so crazy with both of working two jobs, that I feel like a week can go by and we really haven't spent anytime together. We have been blessed to have great vacations 3 years in a row now and we savor each moment knowing that it won't always be this easy to get away.
My parting picture is of Rooster passed out moments after we took off from Punta Cana. He apparently wasn't feeling as refreshed as I was.

Hope you all had as great of a Memorial Day as we did.










No comments: