Friday, June 5, 2009

5 Years

5 years ago today, I woke up at Mom and Dads and Mom made me my favorite breakfast; pancakes. We enjoyed a relaxing morning and we cried together as I gave her a pair of diamond earrings and told her she was "my diamond in the rough" and I could never repay her for everything she had already done for me.


5 years ago today, I was the the last person to show up at Sissy's house to get my hair and makeup done. I enjoyed hanging out with my best friends and getting pampered and then heading down the road with just me and mom again.


5 years ago today, I avoided my daddy like he had the plague because I knew neither one of us could handle having that first intimate Daddy/Daughter encounter on my big day. I think we both knew that and accepted it.


5 years ago today, I stood at the top of a beautiful stairwell and couldn't make myself walk down it because I was a nervous wreck. Not because of what I was walking in to but because I wanted him to think I was breathtaking and wanted him to wonder how he got so lucky. It was just the two of us for that first glance and I am so thankful we did it that way. (Although I'm pretty sure mom was hiding out somewhere watching.)


5 years ago today, I stood in front of friends, family, my preacher and most importantly God and vowed to love the same man for the rest of my life. I remember staring in his eyes and seeing the most beautiful future I could ever imagine.


5 years later, I am living that dream and loving every minute of it. Babe, if it ends up just being me and you for the rest of our time here on Earth, I am still the luckiest woman alive. I love you with all my heart. Thanks for an amazing first 5 years....can't wait for at least 60 more.







1 comment:

Moms Life Group said...

love it! happy anniversary - great pics!!