Sunday, April 5, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS

So last weekend, we headed to New Orleans to celebrate Sissy's birthday. Chris called me several months ago and said he wanted to take her somewhere for her birthday. Well plans were made and then Rooster and I and Chris's sister Brandi and her boyfriend Nathan were invited to tag along. We had so much fun. It's not often that I get to hang out with her without all the kiddos. I'm so glad that they decided to have company on their special get away. We need to do it again VERY soon.
This is me and the birthday girl watching street performers in the art district.

Ain't we cute...this is Rooster's new fashion statement..the goatee.

Oh how he loves it when I seranade him in public. Here we are at Pat O'Brien's piano bar. It was so cold this night I had to go and by a l/s tee shirt to wear so I wouldn't freeze to death.


Sis and Chris.


The infamous Bourban Street.



You can't say that these 3 didn't get into some trouble while we were there. I think the thing they loved the most was being able to walk around with a drink in their hand.



Apparently Cafe Du Monde is a famous coffee shop and Chris and Brandi were dying to try it. Well, since Rooster doesn't drink coffee, he talked one of the waiters into getting him a hat. What a cheese ball.

Mother's was another "must eat here" place we heard about. We made this one our last stop. Most of got Shrimp Poboys but Sis and Nathan got the famous "Ferdi" sandwhich...definitely the better choice.

Chris was DYING to eat at the Acme Oyster House so that was our first stop off the plane. Below he is basically making out with his oyster. He and Rooster were in oyster heaven!!!!



Like I said, we had so much fun. I know there are more pics, but they must be on someone else's camera. Plus, you're probably bored with them by now anyway. Sis - thanks for the great weekend. Let's do it again real soon. I LOVE YOU and Happy late Birthday.

No comments: