Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary Sis & Chris


The White House has a busy weekend coming up. First up, tonight we get to be the cool aunt and uncle and keep all 3 of the boys. (Please pray for us.) Sissy and Chris are out of town celebrating their 10 year anniversay. It is hard for me to believe that they have already been married that long. I remember clearly the day that Chris called me while I was in school at UT Martin. He said, "Hey, when are you coming home again?" All I did was squel like the little girl that I was at that time. I was so excited that it was FINALLY going to happen. Chris and I shopped for rings together and found the perfect one. (Somehow, we ended up with a different one though but I digress.)



Unfortunately, I missed out on a lot of the wedding planning because I was 2.5 hours away at school but I did get to be there when we found THE DRESS. And oh was she beautiful in it. It was absolutley perfect for her. Not too frilly but frilly enough to be extremely feminine. It was definitely THE ONE. (Let's just say that her dress shopping was a LOT more fun than mine. I'm pretty sure that Mom and Sis were ready to "fire" me as the bride by the time it was finally over.)



The wedding itself was fabulous. They got married at Belmont Mansion and were surrounded by close friends and relatives. The Loftin family was introduced to Pastor Tom McCoy of some little po-dunk Baptist church in Thompson Station. (The second greatest thing that came out of that wedding.) I think my most vivid memory is me and Sissy standing at the top of the very long and windy staircase that we had to walk down. I remember looking at her and shaking my head, as to say, I'm not doing it...I'm gonna fall on my face. She gave me "the look" and said GO. Thankfully we all made it down the stairs and I got to my spot just in time to see her standing at the landing looking like the most beautiful bride ever. (Even now, I have tears in my eyes thinking of her standing there and Daddy at the bottom of the stairs waiting for her.) There were scripture readings, groomsmen with black eyes (he got kicked by a horse like a week before the wedding), other people's wedding cakes (so not what she ordered), one VERY shy little groomsman (Derek) who wouldn't leave the arms of his Pooky or his Papa and quite a few tears. All in all, it was PERFECT. And to beat it all, the party that took place afterwards will go down in the record books...especially Daddy's $$$$ dance.



I am so proud of Sis & Chris for truly believing in the vows that they took back on that beautiful Sept day. They have had their share of struggles but when it boils down to it...they are a family. Their 3 boys are a testiment to that (however rotten they might be). Congratulations you two, I love you both.



The next post will have to be about the other big event this weekend...my cuz's 30th birthday party. Yup - she's getting OLD!!! (Here's a secret, she's only 6 weeks older than I am.)

No comments: