I sat down on the edge of my bed for a minute and thought that maybe I needed a little encouragement to make it through the day. I asked the Lord to speak to me this morning and help me get back off of the edge of the bed instead of falling down in it. I picked up a daily devotional that I don't read often enough. Amazingly enough, it wasn't the one that sits in the bathroom ready for a read when I can steal a few quiet moments to myself, if you know what I mean. I digress.
Like always with daily devotionals, I flipped to today's date. (Even if I only open a particular one once a year, I always look at the specific date.)
Save your best striving for seeing my face. I am constantly communicating with you. To find Me and hear My voice, you must seek Me above all else. Anything that you desire more than Me becomes an idol. When you are determined to get your own way, you blot Me out of your consciousness. Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on the pursuit, so that you can see it from My perspective. If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart. Seek Me first and foremost; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece.
From Jesus Calling - March 8, 2011
Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on the pursuit, so that you can see it from My perspective. If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart.
Message received loud and clear and thank You for the reminder.
From Jesus Calling - March 8, 2011
It never fail that God reminds me He knows exactly what I need to hear and when I will have ears to hear it. I have big decisions to make with both of my jobs right now. I am diving into uncharted territories with my "real" job and am trying not to drown. I am loving the challenge and wanting to knock it out of the park but those sentences are filled with a whole lot of "I"s. Just last night as I was thinking about a specific situation, the Lord clearly reminded me to turn it over to Him. I think it went something like this, "Jenny - it's your Father. How many times do I need to remind you to ask Me first and act later? Have you bothered to ask my opinion about this decision? I didn't think so. Let's start there and see where we end up together. I promise I won't lead you down the wrong path." Me - "Daddy, I hear you and I thank you for the reminder. I might need it again though so keep it up." (I bet my earthly Daddy would love a response such as that.)
One of the things I love the most about Premier is that you are in charge of your destiny with Premier. It is up to me how much or how little I choose to apply myself. I have had seasons of both and I can always tell when I am letting Him take the lead or when I am. He and I talked not long ago and we decided it was time that we took the true heart of Premier seriously and started enriching as many lives as we could. So now, I need to make sure that I let Him remain in the drivers seat and wait patiently as He steers me down this journey. (I am not a very patient person but I am trying.)
One of the things I love the most about Premier is that you are in charge of your destiny with Premier. It is up to me how much or how little I choose to apply myself. I have had seasons of both and I can always tell when I am letting Him take the lead or when I am. He and I talked not long ago and we decided it was time that we took the true heart of Premier seriously and started enriching as many lives as we could. So now, I need to make sure that I let Him remain in the drivers seat and wait patiently as He steers me down this journey. (I am not a very patient person but I am trying.)
Instead of single-mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on the pursuit, so that you can see it from My perspective. If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart.
Message received loud and clear and thank You for the reminder.

No comments:
Post a Comment