Friday, May 21, 2010

Counting my blessings 1 by 1

It's 12:30 in the morning and I just can't sleep. I have been sitting here on my computer catching up on some of the blogs that I follow (or should I say stalk). As I read several of them, tears came to my eyes because of so many answered prayers. As I thought about shutting down the computer and attempting to get some sleep, I just couldn't. I knew that I needed to publicly proclaim the awesomeness of my God and the many blessings that I have seen unfold recently. So bear with me as I count them 1 by 1.

  • CARSON THOMAS WHITE (that says it all)
  • In 2 weeks, I will celebrate my 6th wedding anniversary. I love him more today than ever!!!
  • During the crazy flood of 2010 the following happened: my parent's house DID NOT flood, my husband DID NOT get swept away when his truck entered water over his tires, my grandparent DID NOT get stranded while their basement completely flooded and they DID NOT lose the main living area of their home
  • I have witnessed God answer the prayers of many of my friends who wanted and longed for a baby as badly as we did.
  • I am home with my baby and only working part time. This is thanks to my loving husband, my awesome company, and my other part time job, Premier.
  • I have felt the love of the Lord stronger than I ever have and watched Him work wonders in my marriage and my husband.
  • I have parents who celebrated 38 years of marriage in March and in-laws who will do the same in next week. We have grandparents who laid a foundation of lasting marriages...until death and others who are still going strong.
  • I have felt the love and support of family and friends so strong that it will take your breath away.
  • I have found a new home in an amazing Sunday School class that has supported us from our first visit.
  • More than anything, I have found PEACE!!! Peace that can only come from Him. Peace that comes from holding a child that makes our family complete. Peace that comes from nightly family prayers, led by my husband. Peace that comes from a text or email from a friend saying that she loves me and is praying for me. PEACE that surpasses all.
Thank you Lord for the joy that I feel in my heart right this moment. It could pound right on out of my chest.

"Praise the King, Praise the King. Let it ring, Praise the King!!!!"

No comments: