Sometime a year or so ago I decided I would take up running. Why I decided this, I have no idea. I loathe to run but I knew I needed the extra cardio. Amazingly enough, it became a solace in a crazy life to me. Running was when I had long talks with the Lord, listened to worship music and became lost in praise or just enjoyed the beauty of God's creation. It was a stress reliever and I time I could sort out all sorts of feelings. I built myself up where I could run almost 3 miles and would do it 2 or 3 times a week and I actually enjoyed it.
Last June when we realized we were pregnant, running was the first thing to go. I had clearance from my doctor that I could continue but my body violently disagreed. I tried walking but that just took way to long for me. Then the 5:30 wake up call became too much too. The only real pregnancy symptom I had was EXHAUSTION. I was tired the entire 39 weeks I was pregnant. Thankfully the 3 previous years of working out paid off and I didn't pay too much for not doing so while I was pregnant.
When Carson was 3 weeks old, I went back to class. I still haven't gotten back in the habit of going all 3 days but I do generally manage 2 days a week. My body is not up for running yet but I am slowly getting back into that as well.
There is one exercise routine that is done daily at our house now. It's called Mat Time.
you flip him over on his tummy for "tummy time".

No comments:
Post a Comment