Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Forging a Path
Some major transformations have been going on over at our land. Rooster rented a "toy", as I like to call them, that would help him clear out some of the trees we don't want. He spent 3 solid days knocking down and mulching up any tree it would handle. When I went to see his progess I was stunned. Before, it was really hard to imagine what it would like like on top of the hill without all the trees but now we know. He was able to clear off almost the entire area that we plan on putting the house. The sun was even shining through the trees for the first time.



That Saturday, I took lunch up there and we had a little picnic. I laughed and told him we were having our first lunch at our new place. He, of course, just rolled his eyes at me. Whatever. I was enjoying the significance of the moment. While we were sitting there, I also couldn't help but think of little punkin growing inside me. When we first looked at the place, we both agreed it was the place we wanted to raise our family. I had no trouble envision kiddos running through the woods, climbing trees and reaking all kinds of havoc. We both loved that they would have plenty to do outside, just like we both did. Little did we know, that just barely a month after closing on the land, would that first little one be on the way. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yes, yes he is!!!
Post a Comment