Friday, August 15, 2008
My Friday Just Got Better!!!!
For those of you who know me well, no real explanation will be needed once you check this out. For those of you who obviously need to spend some more time with me....this man has been my obsession since I can remember and it's all my daddy's fault. I could probably give you a song of his that relates to just about all the major moments in my life. I've seen him in concert so many times I can't even recall them all. I've was even a roadie for a while, going to Louisville, Atanta, San Antonio and Memphis just for him. Then there was a time when we lived together. Okay, so not literally, but I did have a lifesize cardboard cutout of him at one time. He used to scare the daylights out of my friends..it was fabulous. I would say the best, yet worst, memory would be when Daddy and I were in San Antonio for a few days and we went to some po-dunk BBQ joint for lunch. When we walked back out to the car there were 2 of his tour buses. HELLO!!! Daddy tried and tried to get me to go knock on the door but there was NO way my chickeness would do that. I begged Daddy to do it for me but he would not. Therefore, I will never know what might have been. Although, I have often commented that I don't really want to meet him because he could never live up to all I've made him out to be. Enjoy a little bit of my happiness on this beautiful Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh how I love me some George! I think it might just have been riding with your Daddy to some practice or something that turned me on to George. I will never forget hearing your Dad sing along to George Strait songs while the Skoal cans and Dr. Pepper bottles rolled around the floorboard. :) How I loved your Daddy.
Post a Comment