Friday, August 15, 2008

62 Years and Counting

Meet my Goggie and Grandaddy (aka: Katy and Murry Reeves, my mom's parents).

These young folks have been married 62 years today. Rooster and I are both so lucky to have parents and grandparents that have remained together through it all.

During our rehearsal dinner, I was looking around the tables and this is what I saw:

My Goggie and Grandaddy
My Grandma who was married to Grandaddy for over 50 years before he died.
Rooster's Grandmama and Grandaddy,who celebrated 60 years earlier this year.
Rooster's Pop Sam who was married to MeeMaw for over 50 years before she died.
My parents who have been married 36 years
Rooster's parents who have been married 35 years

Now how's that for a foundation to start your married life? My grandaddy said the same thing when he got up to say a few words that night.

Back to the anniversary couple. I think what I admire the most about them is their young spirit. If you ask them, they will tell you they take care of the "old" folks at their church...you know the gray hairs (their words, not mine). (Mind you, Grandaddy turns 91 on the 20th.) You literally have to call them two weeks in advance to get on their schedule if you hope to spend some time with them. But most importantly, they love each other more today than they ever have. My grandaddy thinks his Katy hung the moon and won't stand for anyone to think anything different. How stinkin' sweet is that!!!!! And Goggie loves her man just as much.

All I can say is that I pray our children and grandchildren will be as proud to have us as their parents and grandparents as we all are to have Murry and Katy Reeves as ours.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!




1 comment:

Kaycie said...

I should have read your's first...I could have just copied and pasted it into mine! hehe. I will steal your picture though (i might even give you props for it).