There was a time that I was very sad about the fact that my children would never know their great grandparents and vice versa. I have the most amazing grandparents and wanted my children to know the strong families they came from. Grandaddy and Grandma had been married for over 50 years before he passed away, at quite an early age for my lineage. (So many of my childhood memories revolve around these two.) Goggie and Grandaddy just celebrated 65 years of wedded bless last month. That is something to brag about. The faith of my family came from these as well. I still see my grandparents spending time together in prayer and bible reading every day and hear how blessed our family is by the Lord.
For 18 months now, I have watched a special relationship form between Carson and my living grandparents. (Carson only met Grandma twice before she died last year.) Carson and Grandaddy reflect the opposite ends of our family...the oldest and the youngest and they make quite a pair. Carson sure does love his "Chieeef" and the feeling is very mutual. I feel like that Goggie and Grandaddy are finally slowing down enough to really enjoy having a little one around and embracing all the craziness that goes along with it. (Their social calendars have remained extremely full until the last couple of years.)
Just thinking about the 3 of them interacting and playing together brings tears of joy to my eyes. Carson took over Caleb's role as "stick thief", meaning he immediately zeros in on Grandaddy's cane and steals it. Goggie and Carson like to sing to each other...now that is a sight to see. And just like his JoJo, he loves to mess with Goggie and pretend he "doesn't love" her and always runs to his Chief instead.
To me, there is nothing more precious in this world right now. God has been so good to me to allow this bond to grow and even if Carson doesn't remember them, I have plenty of pictures and video to share with him. And more importantly, they know him and love him to pieces. Here are some of my favorite memories of the 3 of them.
First of all, here is one of 3 pics of I have of Carson and Grandma. Even though it's not the best pic, I will treasure it forever.
And they meet at last. (Grandaddy was really praying for a girl but I think he has forgiven God and me for not answering that prayer.)
They drove all the way to my house the week after he was born because they "just had to see him again."
Here is Goggie stealing some precious alone time with my boy.
I think this is Grandaddy's way of getting back at CT for always stealing his canes.

No comments:
Post a Comment