Today has been a wonderful day. I took my son to church (oh how I love to say MY son) and thanked God for the many blessings He has given me. I took my mom to lunch (along with the rest of my crazy family) and I again thanked God for amazing woman that He trusted to be my mom. I came home and spent ALL day with my boys. We dug in the dirt, played in our new sprinkler and just hung out. (Not something we get to do very often during the daytime.) Outwardly, it was a celebration!!!
Yet, in my heart I was burdened. Only 3 years ago, I was a totally different person on this day. It was a day of dread and tears, not one of celebrating. I am burdened because I know there are others like me. I have dear friends who have lost their babies before they ever met them. I have other friends who have longed for a baby much longer than I did and are still waiting. I have friends who had a beautiful, precious son that thrived until one day, all too soon, the Lord called him to his forever Home at the young age of 9 months. I have friends who are expecting their first baby any minute now and others that are just a few months away. I have a special woman who lost her baby to cancer and a Mama should never out live her child, no matter how old she is. I have friends who chose the "easy way out" and then I have a my best friend who has been an amazing Mama for 16 years now, even though easy was never really the case.
It is all of these women that have been in my heart today. I have prayed for them and cried for them. I have said from the moment we found out we were pregnant and our journey was "over" that I would never be the same. I promised myself that I would be sensitive to the journeys of so many others and rejoice or cry with them. I feel as though God brought Rooster and I through the craziness of our journey so we could better relate to others.
So today as I celebrate being a mommy to the most amazing little boy, I also am heartbroken for the ones that aren't finished yet. I pray that each of you KNOW that God has a plan for you too. He loves you and knows the desires of you heart. Stay the course and He will guide you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Beautifully written. I know what you mean about being so thankful but looking back at the Mother's Days when you weren't so happy. When all you wanted was a wee one of your own. I think it makes us stronger and maybe even squeeze a little harder. Good to see you at church!
Post a Comment